The Gospel of Mark
We have lots of questions about life and about our world. Why is there suffering? What is our purpose? How can we achieve peace? Where is God?
What questions are you struggling with?
The claim of Christianity is that the best way to make sense of life is to make sense of Jesus. In this series, as we answer questions about the real Jesus we will find answers to our deepest questions about our lives and our world.
Join us on Sundays, 9:30-11am, for our exploration of the earliest account of Jesus’ life: The Gospel of Mark.
Visit us here.
Soma is a Danville Church, San Ramon Church, Walnut Creek Church, and Concord Church, because we gather as the church in Missional Communities in all of these communities. You can also visit us at our Sunday Gathering.
Soma Sunday Gathering
635 Old Orchard Dr.
Danville, CA 94526
Soma is a Danville church, San Ramon church, Walnut Creek church, and Concord church. How can that be? Because we have groups, called Missional Communities, that gather each week in these cities. We also gather as a whole church on Sundays.
Hear others share their experience at Soma.
Have kids? We do too! We have a great kids program that they’ll enjoy.
Looking for Older News & Events? Visit the News Archives »
Help us find our next Children’s Ministry Coordinator!
In June, the Wadens will be stepping down from leading Soma SRV’s children’s ministry. We are so grateful or how they have served! We are now looking for someone new to help us love and disciple Soma kids. Spread the word!
For more information, contact Ben Joyce at ben (at) somasrv dot org.
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
36 hrs per month
- 8am-11:30am each Sunday, except the last Sunday of the month
- meeting with supervisor every other week
- Flexible hours rest of the week
Oversee ministry to children, newborn through 4th grade
- Regularly teach children on Sundays
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers, teachers, and paid workers
- Distribute lesson plans to teachers each week
- Prepare crafts each week
- Design classroom lay-out
- Oversee set up and take down of rooms on Sunday mornings
Beyond Sunday Morning
- Communicate with parents about weekly Sunday school content
- Help parents disciple their kids at home by providing resources and encouragement
- Help adults disciple kids in the context of MCs by providing resources and encouragement
- Experience working with kids and parents either in a church, classroom, or other organization
- Love for Jesus and a knowledge of the Bible and the gospel
- Ability to teach the Bible to children
- Desire to nurture children in their faith walk and to see families disciple their children
- Able to create fun, creative learning environments where kids feel safe and can thrive
- Attention to detail
- Timely completion of tasks
- Reports to Duke Revard
- Volunteers and paid workers report to this position
Soma is a Danville church, San Ramon church, Walnut Creek church, and Concord church because we gather as the church in Missional Communities in all of these communities. We also gather on Sundays as a larger church family. Come visit us!
Be the First to Leave a Comment
Looking for Older Devotionals? Visit the Devotional Archives »